Header AD

Duterte gov't to accept more senior high students for its voucher program

MANILA, April 27 -- The Department of Education (DepEd) has announced the reopening of the application for its Senior High School (SHS) Voucher Program on May 1-15.


The move aims to give a chance to those who failed to catch the deadline for manual application last January and online application last February, as well as to accommodate more Grade 10 completers for the coming school year, the department said in a news release issued Thursday.

This is also to provide the Grade 10 completers the option to enroll in private schools, colleges and universities, including technical and vocational schools offering the SHS program, it said.

The results of the application will be announced on May 31.

DepEd said all applications must be done online by accessing the Private Education Assistance Committee’s online voucher application portal at http://ovap.deped.gov.ph. Any concern on the voucher program can be directed to gastpe@deped.gov.ph.

The voucher program is one of the department’s initiatives to make basic education accessible and affordable to learners nationwide.

The voucher enables a student to claim a “discount” or a deduction from the cost of tuition and other fees charged by a non-DepEd SHS where he/she will enroll. The voucher subsidy is not given to the student directly in the form of cash but will be disbursed by DepEd to the non-DepEd SHS where he/she enrolls.

As of December last year, DepEd registered a total of 607,208 Grade 11 students enrolled in non-DepEd schools who were entitled to receive financial assistance through the voucher subsidy. (DepEd-PR/graphics from DepEd)

Duterte gov't to accept more senior high students for its voucher program Duterte gov't to accept more senior high students for its voucher program Reviewed by AsianPolicy.Press on 6:31:00 AM Rating: 5

Post AD