Header AD

Duterte: Intel funds pouring to stop Abu Sayyaf

President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday revealed pouring intelligence funds so that security forces could step up its operations against the Abu Sayyaf.


In an interview with reporters, the President said even before the deadly clash between authorities and the bandit group in Bohol, the government already knew about the bandit group's movements.
"‘Di ba sabi ko, ‘yun nga, nagbuhos ako ng intelligence diyan ‘di ba? Kine-kuwestiyon pa ako, kino-connect ninyo doon sa ‘yung ano sa extrajudicial," he said.
"We were throwing troops there because matagal ng alam na ano, but the timing was... We knew all along that papasok sila. But, malakas talaga ang loob ‘nong si Lieutenant Saldua. Sila ‘yung dalawa nagbakbakan. So, alam na ng ano, alam na natin na bumabiyahe na sila," he added.
The Duterte administration was earlier criticized for earmarking P2.5 billion for his intelligence fund. Budget Secretary Benjamin Diokno quickly came to the President's defense, saying the fund was meant for the campaign against illegal drugs.
Government critics and rights groups noted how "extrajudicial killings" spiked at the height of the government's anti-drug war.
PNP figures show that legitimate police operations has led to the deaths of more than 2,600 drug personalities since July 1, 2016 when its war on drugs started under the Duterte administration.
Its statistics also point to more than 6,000 deaths under investigation—including those involving drug suspects—for the same period.
Philippine National Police chief Director General Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa last year criticized the Aquino administration for focus on fighting terrorists by poured its intelligence fund to the reward program for the capture of suspected terrorists and criminals.
Dela Rosa said this sacrificed the government’s campaign against illegal drugs in the past several years.
Following the Bohol clash, dismissed Supt. Maria Cristina Nobleza was arrested and was found to have romantic links to a suspected Abu Sayyaf Group member.
She is currently detained at Camp Crame and being investigated.
"Well, she will not be released at all. She’s being held there for investigation. It’s a continuing crime and we have so many... so many things against her," he told reporters in Malacañang.
"I cannot discuss it now, but it will… I’ll leave it to the PNP Chief to deal with the problem in public," he added referring to Dir. Gen. Ronald dela Rosa. — MDM, GMA News
- See more at: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news/nation/608677/duterte-reveals-pouring-intel-funds-to-stop-abu-sayyaf/story?utm_source=GMANews&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=news#sthash.pLLtiiUG.dpuf

Duterte: Intel funds pouring to stop Abu Sayyaf Duterte: Intel funds pouring to stop Abu Sayyaf Reviewed by AsianPolicy.Press on 6:47:00 AM Rating: 5

Post AD